2017/2018 ST. STEPHEN’S ARMENIAN APOSTOLIC CHURCH
Click here to contribute to our Renewal Campaign! Please be sure to note where you would like your funds to be directed.
Dear Friends of St. Stephen’s Armenian Apostolic Church,
His Holiness Aram I, Catholicos of the Holy See of Cilicia, declared 2017’s annual focus to reflect and act as the Year of Renewal. Renewal takes on many important meanings including spiritual renewal, community renewal, physical renewal which are often connected and intertwined, and indeed often interdependent. As our church celebrates its 60th anniversary, the concept of renewal has taken on the more physical aspect prompting us to make improvements and upgrades to last for our future generations, thus creating a renewed and inspiring venue where spiritual, community and parish renewal can be more easily be accomplished.
The Board of Trustees has launched a campaign to raise the funds needed to make the following improvements:
- Painting – A firm has been contracted to repair and paint the sanctuary’s ceiling, walls, lower dome and other areas of the church. Estimated Cost: $50,000
- Organ & Audio System – Our organ is 45 years old with significant loss of functionality beyond repair. A new organ has been identified, and additional improvements call for modernizing the audio system for improved acoustics and dependability. Estimated Cost: $50,000
- Pew reupholstering – Many of our pews are worn and torn. A firm has been contracted to change the cushions and coverings of all pews. Estimated Cost: $20,000
- Front stairway and concrete repair – There is a need to repair some of the granite front steps as well as other areas in front of the church due to the effects of winter weather and the heating coils which have begun to cause some failure. Estimated Cost: $20,000
- Lighting – the church may acquire subsidized LED lighting to replace every bulb. These bulbs consume less electricity and also last longer. Approximate Cost after Rebates: $10,000
As you can see, the total amount of these projects will cost at least $150,000. With the generosity of some early donors, approximately $44,000 has been raised for the Renewal Campaign with several additional pledges. We hope you can contribute to this cause, too. Please use the enclosed card and return envelope for your contribution
These projects will improve the aesthetic and audial beauty of our church and Badarak. They are an investment for future generations of St. Stephen’s congregants. The greatest gift we can give today is to preserve the functionality of our church for tomorrow. Your contribution helps renew that commitment established 60 years ago.
Rev. Fr. Antranig Baljian Raffi Manjikian